We live in an era of technology which unfortunately means that we add a new kind of mess to our homes: the many electrical cords all over the floor! From TVs to computers, our gadgets come with power cords that take up space and create clutter. Now that spring cleaning season is here, there’s no time like the present to take care of this problem.
The good news is that creative minds everywhere are finding great solutions to combat the cord chaos! No matter your budget or your level of DIY creativity, you can have your cords looking clutter-free in no time.
Finding DIY options for almost anything is easier thanks to Pinterest and various other crafty sites. Here are some of our favorites:
- Run your cords through toilet paper rolls. Why not reuse an item that you’ve already got in your home?
- Label the cords with tags from bread bags. This also finds a home for all the bread tags you find throughout your kitchen.
- Hang the cords on a paper towel rack. This takes them off your floor and keeps them tangle-free!
Products to Buy
If you find yourself panicking over the thought of actually creating a solution on your own, these products have been made for people just like you. These three options, in particular, sparked our interest:
- Power bars with more outlets to handle more cords. One power bar with multiple outlets will be safer and less messy than multiple extension cords or power bars.
- Cinching straps crafted specifically for electrical cords. Your cords will stay neatly rolled up and out of the way and, as an added bonus, you can attach labels to the straps so you can easily sort through your cords.
- Boxes that sit under your desk to run the cords through. You can even use a box with a nice design to make this option both practical and trendy!
Whether you’re going with a DIY approach or buying products instead, the most important thing to remember is to always keep safety in mind! If you need help with your electrical needs, call us at 701-232-1991, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website.